Into Each Life a little Rain must Fall
I used to think my life was pretty entertaining. How can you not think that way I mean were each born and given one life one total and then life happens. we meet these people and they call themselves our parents and they love us unconditionally if were really lucky we hear how much they love us and how important living our one life is. And then one day after all these years of having these amazing people who love you around you every day of your life.....
Well you wake up on May 4th with a dad who is a mountain of a man full of kindness and opinion and goodness and he tells you he loves you and you know you are loved and protected and that much a better person because your his child. and then he takes a breath and he's gone.
Least for me, I lost my dad in May so forgive for the long window of no updates but lets just say my mind wasn't really on my blog. I've spent the last few months trying to make sense of all this of my life and my dad of my new life without him and my role in my family. And I came to realize a few things.
So I've decided to pass on my pearls of wisdom in this my field guide to surviving losing a parent.
Step one. Remember who you are. Losing someone who helped make you who you are can sometimes mean you take a deeper look at who you are but remember you are a better person because of them having been in your life no matter how briefly.
My Dad always called me his smiling girl, he said i could find good in any day but really that was just what he saw in me. And after I lost him I had a long period when I wondered if I'd ever be that girl who smiled again. How does one smile when you lose such a big part of what makes you who you are. When you grow up a daddy's girl no matter how independent and head strong and opinionated you are you still lose your footing when you lose him.
But Thankfully I have amazing people in my life. I had this loud dad with a million opinions and this huge heart that just loved people. So how could someone like that not have brought good people into my life. or helped me to identify them right.
I have this cynical and loving mom that has nothing but crazy goodness in her, this sister that is both my best friend and my biggest challenge in helping me to find myself. I come from this huge opinionated extended family that takes up every minute of my life. And most of all I have these friends that are way more involved in my everyday decisions then they ever should be and a job that takes up way to much of my time.
So the world kept spinning and after a time when i truly thought I'd never smile again I did, granted it was when my LA Kings made it to the conference finals and again when they won the Stanley cup but I smile and I realized that losing my dad didn't stop me from being me.
Till next time later readers
Your Hero
Well you wake up on May 4th with a dad who is a mountain of a man full of kindness and opinion and goodness and he tells you he loves you and you know you are loved and protected and that much a better person because your his child. and then he takes a breath and he's gone.
Least for me, I lost my dad in May so forgive for the long window of no updates but lets just say my mind wasn't really on my blog. I've spent the last few months trying to make sense of all this of my life and my dad of my new life without him and my role in my family. And I came to realize a few things.
So I've decided to pass on my pearls of wisdom in this my field guide to surviving losing a parent.
Step one. Remember who you are. Losing someone who helped make you who you are can sometimes mean you take a deeper look at who you are but remember you are a better person because of them having been in your life no matter how briefly.
My Dad always called me his smiling girl, he said i could find good in any day but really that was just what he saw in me. And after I lost him I had a long period when I wondered if I'd ever be that girl who smiled again. How does one smile when you lose such a big part of what makes you who you are. When you grow up a daddy's girl no matter how independent and head strong and opinionated you are you still lose your footing when you lose him.
But Thankfully I have amazing people in my life. I had this loud dad with a million opinions and this huge heart that just loved people. So how could someone like that not have brought good people into my life. or helped me to identify them right.
I have this cynical and loving mom that has nothing but crazy goodness in her, this sister that is both my best friend and my biggest challenge in helping me to find myself. I come from this huge opinionated extended family that takes up every minute of my life. And most of all I have these friends that are way more involved in my everyday decisions then they ever should be and a job that takes up way to much of my time.
So the world kept spinning and after a time when i truly thought I'd never smile again I did, granted it was when my LA Kings made it to the conference finals and again when they won the Stanley cup but I smile and I realized that losing my dad didn't stop me from being me.
Till next time later readers
Your Hero

Comments