a night in the dark

So the power company decided to turn my small town off last night from 10pm to 5:30am a full 7 hours of darkness. The time in the dark made this insomniac wonder what people did before TV, radio, computers, and the Internet. Was reading by candlelight all that appealing? Or was this why birthrates were so much higher before electricity Somehow I doubt it the former...
In other news my weekend was yep you guessed it uneventful. A couple hours at work on Saturday fallowed by sushi with my family then an evening of dinner drinking and darts in the OC and for a little bonus getting pulled over at midnight after leaving the bar without getting a ticket. Sunday was breakfast at Fullerton and sleeping for the rest of my lazy Sunday one day I'll have a productive weekend but for now... My weekdays are so busy that I think I'm allowed a few lazy days between Friday night and Monday morning. And on that note as it is now officially Monday and our hero sits in an overly crowded train let's all take a moment of silence for quiet uneventful weekends, there are just so few of them left after all.
Later readers,
Our Hero

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Into Each Life a little Rain must Fall

midterms loom over our hero

life on rails