The life and times of a would be journalist turn working stiff.
When life gets messy
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
Whenever I feel like life is trying to overwhelming me I find baking to be the best distraction because I may not be able to control the world but I can control my stove.
I used to think my life was pretty entertaining. How can you not think that way I mean were each born and given one life one total and then life happens. we meet these people and they call themselves our parents and they love us unconditionally if were really lucky we hear how much they love us and how important living our one life is. And then one day after all these years of having these amazing people who love you around you every day of your life..... Well you wake up on May 4th with a dad who is a mountain of a man full of kindness and opinion and goodness and he tells you he loves you and you know you are loved and protected and that much a better person because your his child. and then he takes a breath and he's gone. Least for me, I lost my dad in May so forgive for the long window of no updates but lets just say my mind wasn't really on my blog. I've spent the last few months trying to make sense of all this of my life and my dad of my new life without him a...
So apparently perfection isn't possible . Least that's what my horoscope said "understand your limits as a human being and allow yourself to breath." Creepy no. It's a strange moment when everyone around you keeps telling you your doing well enough and to relax when all you see is failure looming in the background. I know once tomorrow has come to pass that I will feel better that once I've let the cards be dealt that it will all be much easier. But till then dear readers I'll be stressing out about a test I have only myself to blame if I flunk and only myself to thank if I pass. Talk about pressure. In unrelated news its valentines day another flashing reminder that I am single ya !!! But in truth it just feels nice to be cared for by my friends and family and if prince charming decides to make an appearance well then ya me. Either way have a lovely day readers
This past week has been quite a trip, literally. I've been spending 5 days a week getting up at 5am to catch a 6am train to LA then a 7am bus to the financial district to arrive in an office building by 7:30 to stare at a screen for 8 hours. talk about a trip from my normally scheduled life. I started training for my brokers licence which is basically a crazy confusing difficult and dull concept of sitting in a box in la reading from a website and taking tests. It is something a kin to being a lab rat without the cheese. I spend most my time just trying to keep my eyes open and the other half banging my head against the cubical walls when the material gets too confusing. But what can you do as my boss likes to tell me its all about playing the game of corporate America and right now my part in the game is taking tests and trying not to look like the lazy slob I secretly am... Wish me luck readers I'll need it.
Comments